What's Cooking with Jean
Monday, October 23, 2006 Sauteed Green Beans

 


I love to eat raw green beans; yet, I try not to expect my friends and family to do the same! Yet I hate the thought of cooking out the taste (and nutrients) so here’s one of my new favorite ways….

Sautéed Green Beans

fresh green beans, trimmed (I’ve used a large bag of frozen green beans—do not thaw)
½ C water
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp. brown sugar
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
Sliced almonds (optional)

Put green beans in a skillet with ½ C water and 1 tsp. kosher salt. Bring water to a boil, cover, and steam for 7 minutes (possibly longer if using frozen).
Sauté sliced red bell pepper in 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; add minced garlic, and sauté 2 more minutes. Add green beans; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon brown sugar, pepper and almonds, and cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.& Posted by Picasa

Labels:


Posted by Jeannie :: 10:00 AM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------