What's Cooking with Jean
Friday, December 12, 2008 Gingersnaps




Christmas at my house as a child meant my mother rolling out gingerbread dough and letting us cut out and decorate trays and trays of gingerbread men, women, and children. The dough, I loved. The baked cookies, I oddly never acquired a taste for. My brother, Daniel, could eat a dozen in one sitting.
But these simple gingersnaps that my mom would make...i love with a glass of milk.
A very simple cookie, no decorating needed.

NOTE: I often double this recipe.


3/4 C butter (a stick and 1/2)
1 C sugar
1 egg
1/4 C molasses
2 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Sift all dry ingredients together, set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and molasses. Add dry ingredients and mix. Form 1" balls and roll in a dish of sugar (about 1/4 C.) Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Labels:


Posted by Jeannie :: 12:10 PM :: 0 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------